Full refunds up to 24 hours before departure. Refund requests for health reasons less than 24 hours in advance will be granted 50% value of ticket price.
No refunds for failure to bring required Visas or Passport for travel to and from Canada and the USA. Skagway Tours travels into Canada and back. Passports or approved passport alternatives required for travel on all tours. Depending on citizenship a visa may also be required for Canada and or the USA.
Passport and Visa Requirements
Alaska shares a border with Canada. Skagway, AK is located 15 miles from the border. Most of our tours cross the border into Canada, therefore a valid passport is required for travel. In some cases, a travel visa for Canada, the US, or both is also required.
USA Travel Requirements
Please refer to the US Department of the State travel website for up-to-date information about travel requirements.
- All persons entering the USA from Canada need a valid passport. To determine your need for a visa, please check US Department of the State travel website. Many countries participate in the US Visa Waiver Program. In this case, online registration is sufficient. Many countries require a VISA obtained at a local US consulate. Make sure you know before you travel.
- Exceptions: US Citizens should use a valid passport, however a birth certificate and valid state drivers license may also be used. For minors travelling with parents a birth certificate may suffice. Other documents acceptable for travel into the USA from Canada include an enhanced US Driver's License or US Green Card.
- When in doubt - check first!
Please refer to the the Canadian entry requirements to determine travel eligibility.
- All persons entering the Canada from the USA need a valid passport. To determine your need for a visa, please check the Canadian Government's travel website. Canada also has a waiver program similar to the USA. Make sure you know before you travel.
- Exceptions: US Citizens should use a valid passport, however a birth certificate and valid state drivers license may also be used for travel into Canada. For minors travelling with parents a birth certificate may suffice. Other documents acceptable for travel into Canada from the USA include an enhanced US Driver's License or US Green Card.
- When in doubt - check first.
About the Tour
Our most popular tour to visit the Yukon and its awesome beauty!
Together we venture up the Yukon highway beyond the historic White Pass Route. Come with us to view the original Bennett Toll Road and gaze in awe at the amazing feat of engineering that is the Yukon Railroad all tucked into a landscape that contains the precipitous cliffs, deep valleys, white water rivers, craggy granite mountains and dangerously deep valleys where wild bears, sheep, moose, wolves and caribou roam.
Take this 4 hour Skagway shore excursion by bus for the best opportunity to see wildlife. And .. we have the ability to stop and take pictures of the stunning beauty of the Yukon along the way. We pass through British Columbia and the Yukon, so you'll need to bring your passports.
At the US and Canadian borders, take a celebratory photo that welcomes you to the Yukon and back to the US - 27 miles further than the train.
This is why you come to Skagway - to hear the stories of the Gold Rush as well as viewing the breathtaking Yukon!
Re-live the historic trail of the Gold Rush and you'll still have time to visit the town of Skagway.
Pickup and Dropoff Locations
Ships arrive in Skagway at one of three docks: Railroad Dock, Broadway Dock and Ore Dock. Buses pick up guests in designated waiting areas near these docks. Disembarking may take some time. Be prepared to leave your ship with enough time to make your way off and find the waiting area.
After exiting your ship, walk past the security check point to the waiting area. A representative will be waiting in a red jacket holding a sign for Skagway Tours. If you have trouble finding the representative, please call Skagway Tours Dispatch at (907)723-4182 and we will point you in the right direction.
Please check in 15 minutes prior to departure. At this time, the representative will check your travel documents. If you are delayed, please call and let us know. All tours depart promptly. We do not issue refunds for late arrival. In some cases, the cruise line causes a delay. In this case, we may wait up to 10 minutes after the scheduled departure time or reschedule you on a later tour, depending on availability.
Wheel Chairs, Scooters and other Mobility Challenges.
Our tours travel into the wilderness! Guests must be prepared to walk up and down the three steps of the tour bus. We cannot accommodate motorized wheelchairs or scooters, however folding wheelchairs are acceptable with advance notice. Please make a note in the comments section on check-out.